Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Healthy Chicken Iceberg wraps

If you're trying to chose healthy snacks, or cut calories to lose weight, these wraps are an easy, delicious option. I buy roasted chicken from the salad bar at whole foods -- literally, I fill a brown box container with just chicken -- if I don't have time to roast one myself.

Roasted chicken or turkey
Iceberg Lettuce, break apart 5 inch pieces as "wraps"
your favorite mustard (Dijon mustard is lowest in calories, hot sweet mustard is most delicious, IMHO)
basil or cilantro

I love foods that you make and eat with your hands... it makes the whole experience more gratifying and last longer.  Eat about 6 wraps for a lunch, maybe 3 for a snack. Listen to your tummy, but use your head if you're trying to keep your caloric intake in control.  Drink lots of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment