Monday, November 18, 2013

Healthy snack: almond butter & fresh strawberry cruncher


I'm calling this a cruncher because rice cakes evoke thoughts of cardboard, which is SO far from the truth. Sure, they might have tasted like that in the past, but then Quaker got smacked in the face with Lundberg and the rest is history. If you still buy Quaker rice cakes then I'm sorry for you because you probably are still munching on cardboard.

So now that we've cleared that up -- lets talk about the cruncher. Almond butter is my downfall, so I have to just say a jar will last me 4 or 5 months. Really. Have no more than a tablespoon at a time, every few days or weeks... its a special treat for me. When I go there I want it to be super yummy, so I top it with fresh strawberries or bananas and a drizzle of agave. 

This is a terrific pre-work out snack because it provides carbs for quick energy and fat for sustained energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment