Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lunch might have crabs...

So for mom's final lunch in San Francisco I took her to The Ramp because it has pretty harbor views and great seafood. I knew it might be challenging for me, but honestly, her experience was way more important to me than mine.  


I ordered a Crab Louie salad because thats the only thing that had raw anything... and as soon as it arrived and took off the egg, the dressing and gave some crab to mom. She insisted that I eat some of it, and honestly, whats the big deal. So I had some crab. I used lemon juice for dressing and it was delicious. I even ate the raw onions, which everyone knows I normally hate.  Really, I wanted to challenge myself and see how this works in the real world, not in my raw-sheltered-life of Whole Foods salad bars and my own fully-stocked kitchen. It was a good experience for me -- seeing how I normally eat and how much more extreme the Raw lifestyle is. I thought being gluten-free and totally OCD about fresh whole foods was enough, but no... raw is a whole new pole up your butt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment