Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Suja Cleanse DAY TWO

After almost fainting while teaching my second Sculpt class last night, I decided that people with low blood sugar are not suited for a juice cleanse. I really felt terrible by 7pm, even though I had a delicious Green Supreme juice at 6pm and was totally alert during my first class. Then it all went really downhill...

I got very dizzy, sweaty and foggy, so I pushed through my normal good-byes at the studio, smiled as I locked up, and drove straight home. I pulled out the poached salmon, turned on the microwave that I never use, and made some salad with romaine lettuce, olive oil and lemon juice. I know -- you aren't supposed to eat anything -- I still had my Vanilla Cloud juice waiting for me, but my brain was not firing right, and I needed to take care of my body more than anything.

So, my thoughts on juicing: good for you if you love it and it works. I actually think it was great to try for a day, and I would do a one-day cleanse again, although I like the idea of having a small real dinner at the end of the day. More interesting than my story of yesterday, is how I feel today -- I feel like my stomach is smaller, like I am not as hungry, and that I can enjoy smaller amounts of well-chosen food.  I think juicing resets your mind to appreciate food, and that is a good thing. I would even try more intense cleanses for JUST A DAY, but no more. I like the idea of eliminating something you love to test your discipline and gratitude. Therefore, if you're looking for a really yummy juice cleanse, I recommend Suja, even if its only for a day.

P.S. you might be wondering what happened to the other 2 days worth of juices... well, Mike has taken up the challenge and I'll report back with HIS results tomorrow. Stay tuned! Man on a cleanse...

No comments:

Post a Comment